Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Center for Women in Transition! Our agency has a wide range of volunteer opportunities that can accommodate even the busiest of schedules, and no gift of time or talent is too small.
Due to the sensitive nature of our work and level of confidentiality needed to protect our clients, staff and volunteers, all trainings and volunteer forms must be completed prior to your placement as a volunteer.
If you’re interested in learning more, please contact Sherry Martens (616-494-1747) to schedule an interview with a tour of the agency with a short overview of our programs and services.
Volunteer Application Process
- Contact Sherry Martens, volunteer coordinator, to confirm current volunteer opportunities and schedule an initial meeting.
- Initial meeting, agency tour and overview with Sherry Martens.
- Complete and submit volunteer paperwork.
- Attend a volunteer training session, offered each January, May, and September.
Volunteer Training Schedule
Upcoming training dates:
Monday, January 8 – Wednesday, January 10 from 6:00pm-9:00pm
Thursday, January 11 from 5:30pm-9:00pm
Monday, January 15 – Tuesday, January 16 from 6:00pm-9:00pm
Wednesday, January 17 from 5:30pm- 8:30pm
Types of Volunteer Opportunities
- Help Line Volunteer (Day, Evenings and Weekends)
- Wardrobe for Work/Donations
- Sexual Assault Advocate
- Shelter Volunteers
- Support Group Volunteers (Childcare, Reception and Transportation)
- Girls on the Run Coach
- Household handyman work – light carpentry, installing hardware and blinds, small repairs and fixes, drywall patching and painting
- Vehicle repair – oil changes, brakes and tires
- Seasonal grounds assistance – power washing of windows and exterior siding, cleaning gutters